Women’s Christian College was founded on 19th July 1945 under the aegis of the Bengal Christian Council by a group of Christian educationists who were committed to the spread of women’s education in West Bengal. The founder Principal of the college was Miss Stella Bose while the founder Secretary was Miss Nirajbasini Shome.
The college was reaccredited by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) in February 2014 and has been awarded an A Grade certification. Having reached this prestigious position Women’s Christian College is looking to become a centre of excellence by ensuring all round growth of its students across all parameters.
Constant innovation is the watchword of this noble institution of pre-independence times. At Women’s Christian College we strive to attain an outlook that is an ideal mix of tradition and modernity, discipline and freedom that is essential for the holistic development of our students.
- Rabindra Jayanti Utsav
- Alumnae Association Annual General Meeting
- Students’ Seminar of the Department of Political Science
- Thanksgiving Service for attainment of Grade A in NAAC
- Inter-College Poster Making Competition organized by Eco Club
- Film Screening by Cine Club
- NSS Programme with children of Sneha Kunj under Arunima Hospice